Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A look with blue eyes in mind

One of my followers, Jess, had suggested me doing a look for blue eyed girls.  So I thought I'd do that today.  I wanted to show you the easiest way in the world to make your eye look more blue.  Wear a bit of bright pink lipstick.  No joke.  Just look.  I did this with nothing on my eyes so you could see that it actually is the lipstick that is doing it.
bare lips
NYX "Narcissus" lipstick
Can you see the difference?  I remember the first time I put on a bright pink lipstick and I was like, "oooh, I have blue eyes now!" haha.

But whenever I am doing my makeup and I'm actually trying to play up my eye color, I use gold, a rusty color, or bronze eyeshadow (but I do get a lot of compliments when I do greens).  So here's the look I did today.
I think it looks ok.  It's not the best look for blue eyes (I mean, I've done looks where they've looked bluer), but it does play them up more than other colors.  But I actually did a tutorial of this look and I tried to do this with products that are relatively easy to get your hands on (and inexpensive).

-As always, start off by priming your eyelid.  I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance (which is not an inexpensive item but I feel is ABSOLUTELY worth every cent.  If you can, save up and get this.  You won't regret it.  My last tube lasted me more than a year.  And my shadow didn't crease.  And the colors looked better.)
-Put some NYX JEP in "Milk" on the lid 

-Using the gold color from the above ELF Beauty Book "Bright Eyes" Edition, sweep some of that on your lid
-Apply the brown that's next to the gold in the outer v
-To warm it up, I'm using NYX eyeshadow in "Rust" and am applying that above my crease
-I'm going to go back with the same gold I used earlier and add that above "Rust"
-Now we blend.  And blend.  And blend some more until you're happy with the way it looks.  As a highlight, since all of these colors are shimmery, I added just some of my face powder to help soften it a little. 
-Now when I looked at myself with my eyes open, it seemed like "Rust" looked out of place so I added some of that on the inside of the brown that I applied in the outer v
-Add some liner.  I used Bobbi Brown Gel liner in "Black Ink."  Sorry I didn't use an inexpensive liner, this is just what I have.  But I've heard really good things about the Wet 'n Wild cream (or gel?) liners.
-Add some liner to the waterline as well
-And now take the colors you used on the lid under your eyes.  BEWARE the brown from this beauty book is useless without that NYX JEP in "Milk".  I tried to apply it under my eye without having applied the NYX JEP first and I couldn't even see it so it's primarily "Rust" you can see.  I also added a bit of the gold eyeshadow in the corner of my eye.
- And I added mascara (L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen in Blackest Black)
And you're done!


I have MAC "Myth" lipstick, NYX Megashine lipgloss "Pink Frost", and just a touch of Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in "Papaya" on my lips.

And that's all for today!  Sorry about my lame t-shirts and hair lately.  That would be me not wanting to blowdry my hair or put on "real" clothes haha.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!  And I hope this was helpful to any blue eyed girls out there, but this would really look great on anyone!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting! I am def. going to try this look- and I never even noticed that pink lipstick did that! I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post request!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your v is so perfect...mine never looks like that haha. I love this post! (even though I have brown eyes, I STILL love it lol) I think it's great that you give helpful tutorials like these. You are soo pretty even without makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had no clue pink lipstick did that...great tip! I agree with Dani, you're very pretty without makeup! Love this tutorial girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin is beautiful!!! Awesome tutorial... this blue eyed gal is going to have to get some rust colors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I absolutly love this color combo and think it would great on my brown eyes too!! I am sooo going to try this look and post it! U r talented girl..I wish u lived closer cuz ur such a sweet person too..I am going through a really tough time right now..my boyfriend of 11 years broke up with me, we own a condo and I am going through such a hard time right. To have a friend like u would be so nice right now...I know we can message each other and what not...urgh..I needed to post that..I have been holding it in! sorry to overtake ur post with that..I really do love the look

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Charlotte: thank you! And you're welcome!
    @Jess: no problem! I'm glad you like it!
    @Dani: you're too nice! I think this would look beautiful on you!
    @Meme: I didn't know either until the first time I put pink lipstick on! Thank you!!!
    @FoxyAries: haha, I have you fooled! Again, why I love makeup because my skin is not beautiful! And I think every blue eyed girl needs some rust colored eyeshadow!
    @Jess: It would look great on you!! What you wrote made my eyes fill up because I feel like you can totally come over, hang out, and vent but you're so far away! I'm so sorry about your breakup! I can't imagine that... 11 years is such a long time and you own a condo together? So it's not like you can just avoid one another! If you want to e-mail me, my e-mail is starryskies214@yahoo.com. I know it's not the same as actually being there but if it'll help, I'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not believe how much that pink lipstick made your eyes pop! Your makeup looks great, your so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete