Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Uh oh... messy makeup??

I checked Makeup Geek really quick yesterday and saw that the new challenge is up (the link is http://www.makeupgeek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40287 if you wanna check it out) and the challenge is to do a look inspired by an Era (like the 1920's, 1950's, etc.).  And I decided I wanted to do something from the 80's because of all of the color.  I told my hubby this and he said, "really?  I thought you'd do the 50's."  I said, "No, I think a lot of people will do the 50's" because honestly, think about Era makeup and what pops into your head?  50's pops into mine!  Don't get me wrong, the makeup from that time was super gorgeous but I didn't want to do something that I thought a lot of other people would do. 

So I gave the 80's thing a shot and it was a huge epic fail.  There was just something about the blue eyeshadow up to my eyebrow and the pink cheeks with the pink lips that I just did not like at all.  So I thought a little more and came up with the 90's grunge look (a la Courtney Love).  I thought maybe something a little more "ugly" would be fun to do since most of my looks are "pretty".  Haha doing it was very interesting, smudging eyeliner around my eyes and smearing red lipstick around my mouth... not so much a good look but it's kind of artistic haha.  So here's what I came up with:

Pretty, right??

I know I won't win but it was fun to try something a little different than my usual looks!!!

Well, here's something to redeem myself with.  My look from yesterday.  It's just a pinky/purple look done with the color "Redemption" (sooo gorgeous!!!) from my Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Palette and the light purple from my NYX purples trio. 
Haha I apologize for my shiney-ness.  I took these pictures at night (after I'd been rained on).  I should have taken freshly applied pictures but I didn't think about it.

Thank you for checking this out!  I really appreciate your support!  I hope you enjoy your day!!!  If you have any suggestions or requests for certain looks, feel free to let me know, I'd love suggestions!!!  Thanks guys!!

3 comments:

  1. hey girl...have you always had a blog??? how did i miss that?☺ anyway-i have seen your lokos a ton of times on makeup geek for the longest time and LOVVVVVEEE all your looks! please check out my blog as well-I have neglected it for a while since i'm in school but plan on doing a couple tutorials here real soon..ya know in between working full time, going to school and taking care of 2 kids and a hubby☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to break it to you lol.... but you're still GORGEOUS!!!! Even with "messy" makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katie nope, I just started my blog a little more than a week ago so no worries, you haven't missed anything haha! Thanks for checking out my blog and I'll definitely check yours!!

    @Amalia haha, I felt like a hot mess!! But thank you!

    ReplyDelete