Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss and a Sunflower inspired look!

When I buy things or do a look, I always get so excited and want to show you everything all at once but then I have this majorly long post and then I have nothing to tell you about the next day haha.  I did a little better since I got a few things yesterday and only showed you one of them so far (even though as soon as I got home, I swatched everything and took pictures).  So on to the next item! 

When I was at Rite Aid yesterday (for the 40% off Revlon sale), I also picked up the Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in "Papaya" and with the sale it was $5.49.  I had picked it up a few times in different stores and kept putting it back, so I decided to finally just get it.  Almost every single lipgloss from that collection has glitter in it.  I used to be a HUGE glitter fan but lately I just don't like it.  This lipgloss is a little shimmery but has no glitter and the color is just GORGEOUS!!!    
It's a lot more orangey than it appears here
I wanted to show you the color in the tube versus the color it is on my lips as lipgloss usually tends to be very sheer.  I was pleasantly surprised that it's got really good pigmentation, as you can see.
Haha I didn't know which picture would be more helpful so I put both!
I love this color!  The gloss is not sticky AT ALL (which I'm totally skeptical about because almost every lipgloss is at least a little sticky) but my lips didn't even try to stick together.  I would definitely recommend this product!!

The new challenge is up on MakeupGeek, which is flower inspired challenge.  Since I did my "Kingfisher" look I've been wanting to do a sunflower look so this gave me the perfect opportunity to actually do it.  So here's what I came up with (I have the Revlon lipgloss on, layered over MAC Myth!).
On my eyes:
~TFSI
~Ben Nye pigment "Sun Yellow"
~Ben Nye pigment "Tangerine"
~Urban Decay "Twice Baked"
~NYX "Barely There" (highlight)
~Ben Nye "Chartreuse"
~Bobbi Brown gel liner "Black Ink"
~L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen "Blackest Black"

Well, that's all for today, I hope you are having better weather than we are here in North Carolina (it's cold and rainy)!  Have a great day!






8 comments:

  1. I love that gloss! Your sunflower look is so bright and pretty! I love the green on the lower lashline too...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gloss is beautiful on you and your eyeshadow look is amazing! Super talented! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Sunflowers are my state flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I JUST bought Papaya today after thinking about it for a few weeks - along with Coral, ditto - and now I love the orange lip trend! Those 2 shades are reddish enough to be flattering and not look quite so novelty/ Halloween as some other oranges do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. It is so summery! Let me just say, you are absolutely gorgeous! Keep up the beautiful looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys so so much!!
    @Erin: That's so funny, I'd been debating on it for so long and finally got it! How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at the grocery store tonight and walked past the makeup...and went right to Revlon and picked up Papaya! These glosses are so silky and not sticky! Good find!! ;)

    ReplyDelete