Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An oldie but goodie with purple and green!

So like forever ago on MakeupGeek, "UrbanelyDecayed" did a look with a purple smokey lid and a pop of turquoise under her eye.  I loved it and have been doing my version of it every so often ever since.  So this is my look for today:
On my eyes, I have:
~TFSI
~NYX JEP "Black Bean"
~NYX Ultra Pearl Mania "Purple"
~NYX eyeshadow "Black"
~NYX Ultra Pearl Mania "Jade"
~MAC "Vanilla" pigment as a highlight
~Bobbi Brown gel liner "Black Ink"
~L'oreal Extreme Collagen Mascara "Blackest Black"

On my lips I have:
~MAC "Myth" lipstick
~MAC "Viva Glam Gaga"
~L'oreal Infalliable Lipgloss "Suede"

Hey, did you guys know that I love nude lips???  Can you tell haha??  I'd heard all of this raving about Revlon "Soft Nude" lipstick and how it's a good dupe for MAC "Myth".  Well I have "Myth" and I love it!!  I wear it a lot (usually under a lipgloss because I have a hard time wearing only one lip product at a time haha, as you might be able to tell from my 3 lip products that I wore today)!  So I decided since Rite Aid had Revlon cosmetics 40% off this week, it would be a good chance to try this lipstick out (even better that it only cost me $4.49!).  So here are my "Soft Nude versus Myth" match:
"Myth" is on top "Soft Nude" is on the bottom

While I do like them both, "Myth" wins for me.  It's more opaque and lighter (which is my personal preference).  "Soft Nude" is creamier but it's definitely a more natural nude, as opposed to skin tone nude (I know people have different definitions of the word nude).  But hey, if you're pale like me and looking for a decent, "lighter than  natural lip color but darker than skin tone" nude than this one might be a good bet for you, the best part?  You can buy almost 3 of these for the price of 1 MAC lipstick!   

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...I love the purple and green combo...I've done it myself but I especially love how your colors are so bright. It makes me want to run out and get those e/s!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I love it! Those Pearl Mania thingies are on my buy list for sure! What brush did you use with the jade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv this combo..I so need to try it out, it is a really stunning look! Also, thank you for the swatch comparisons on myth and soft nude, I do not own myth but I own soft nude, so it was very helpful to me. BTW I think gaga 2 would look amazing on you..revlon came out with a dupe for it, fashion night pout, I am putting up swatch comparisons of it tomorrow..I think they look similar..idk..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It is one of my favorite color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @danisaddiction: I do love them but I love them so much more over the black base!
    @Amalia: I just used an angled liner brush
    @Jess: Ooohh, I might have to get Gaga 2 now! I don't think you'd like Myth, I just checked your blog and you said that Soft Nude was too light for you, so I know Myth would be.
    @C.A. haha: thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete