Followers

Friday, December 9, 2011

A purple look with some glitter! (*Glitter pictures added)

For being a Queen Makeupbee, Tiomi sent me some Sprinkles Eye and Body Glitter from Eye Kandy Cosmetics to review.  The color I got is called "Berry Blast" and it's a gorgeous blueberry type color.  But with it being loose glitter, I looked around a few places looking for glitter glue so I could use it.  I went to Sally's because a friend of mine (LisaMarie from Makeup & Beauty Talk with LisaMarie) said that their glitter glue is decent.  Well they didn't have any but the girl there said I could just use hairspray.  Which Meredith Jessica Pigments and Palettes also said she uses to get her loose glitter to stick.  So I gave that a go today.

Here is the look I came up with today!



I wanted this to look purple so I did a more pinky colored purple underneath the blue glitter.
What I used:
TFSI
NYX JEP "Milk"
Calypso Minerals "Matte Violet" pigment
Calypso Minerals "Black" matte pigment

*Edit* I know their colors are beautiful but I just found out that Calypso Minerals has been taking people's money and not sending them the products they've ordered.  So please don't order from them!  I don't know about dupes for all of the colors but Glamour Doll Eyes has a color called "Mingles" which is a good dupe for "True Blue".  I'm so sorry!*

NYX Ultra pearl mania "Silver"
Balmbini Volume 2 "Promiscuous Pearl" (highlight)
L'oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara 
And some hairspray and the "Berry Blast" glitter on lid

On my lips (which looked much brighter in person):
MAC "Pink Friday" lipstick
MAC "Right Image" Cremesheen Glass

I think the glitter is really gorgeous.  I wish it stayed as sparkley after I patted it over the hairspray as it is in the container.  I am not good at getting decent pictures of glitter.  I don't know what it is but it just doesn't ever look sparkly for me.  But here's the glitter:




And yesterday I redid an olive smokey I eye I had done a while ago because I had so many people asking me to do a tutorial for it.  So I did!  I tried to change the angles with everything so you'll have to let me know if you think it's better! 

I've felt like such a lame-o lately.  I haven't been very inspired.  And I've had a hard time getting good pictures of my work.  I don't know... hopefully that gets better soon!

Thank you all soo much for reading this!  And I just checked and I'm up to 400 followers now!!  Thank you guys so much!  And if you haven't yet, be sure to go enter my Calypso Minerals Giveaway!  I want to show you guys how much I appreciate more.  I wish I could give it to every single one of you (like for real!)!

15 comments:

  1. So pretty! I just seen your video a little bit ago when i logged onto youtube! Love it! and that look makes your eyes STAND out!! Great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I am so so happy you have started making videos! Did you cut your hair? It looks different lol. But still gorgeous of coarse ♥

    I love the purple, genius deciding to use a pinky purple shadow base and the blue purple glitter on top, sooooo pretty!

    And I know what you mean about not feeling like your looks are turning out good, I feel the same way about my own looks. Feels like im stuck in a rut and I am despritly trying to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! ! Ilove the glitter and the lips amazing.

    Ibeauty85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. suppppper gorgeous, I wish my nyx glitter palette turned out like this! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on 400 followers :D I am loving the video tutorials btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you and Kassie - MAJOR rut lately. Like, so discouraged I don't even want to pick up a brush. I know it's all in my head but I can't seem to shake it. Anyways, this is really pretty. I'm curious to know if the hairspray trick worked for you or not and how you found the application process? Looking forward to seeing your Makeupbee Christmas look - I hope you're going to do one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice eye makeup and super tutorial, thanks.
    Cool background music too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're doing tutorials! they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those purples are so wild and look gorgeous on you. I have many purples but I definitely do not wear them often enough, I feel like I can't pull off purples well for some reason! But you look HOT mami!

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kassie: haha nope I didn't cut it, my bangs are just down, I usually have them pulled back.

    Thank you guys so much! I'm sorry it took me forever to respond! And thank you about the tutorial too, it's not as easy as I thought it would be haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this purple look! The glitter is awesome. I really enjoyed your tutorial. Your voice got lost a couple of times with the music getting louder, but it was great otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you are making videos, can't wait to watch them... I understand about not being inspired, sometimes life gets to you... You deserve to have 400 followers because you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete