Followers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Holiday Party look... with rhinestones!

Yay!  I did a look I actually like!!  I've been pondering about what look to do to enter in the Makeupbee Holiday Party look contest.  So when I was at the craft store the other night I picked up some rhinestones to use because I knew they'd be good for a holiday look.  But I was having a really hard time deciding how I was going to place them and what color to use them with.  Every color I was thinking of didn't excite me.  Until this morning when I thought of turquoise.

So I did this look and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.



My husband was laughing at me because you can't really see the rhinestones when my eyes are open but when I blink, there they are haha.  I kinda feel a bit like a Christmas ornament but that's ok with me sometimes haha.

What I used:
TFSI
NYX JEP "milk"
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania "Turquoise"
MAC "Teal" Pigment
Inglot 395 P
TIJI Bed Head "White" shadow
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express
lash glue 
rhinestones
Halloween lashes

Lips:
MAC "Myth" lipstick
MAC "Pink Friday" lipstick
MAC "Boy Bait" cremesheen glass

I think it's a good look and it'd be perfect to wear for a holiday party.  I think that holidays are a time where you can go all out and do whatever you want and people really can't say anything (haha I love the holidays!)!  

You guys should head over to makeupbee and post a look of your own!  And if you wouldn't mind voting for mine (which is here, your support would be greatly appreciated!  The grand prize is a $500 gift certificate for Sephora.

I hope you guys like this look as much as I do!  Thanks guys!

18 comments:

  1. Love love love!! This looks is amazing! You must tell me where you got rhinestones small enough for your eyes, because every time I look for them they are too big for cosmetic wear.

    The color is gorgeous and those lashes are perfect! Good luck in the contest! I'm going to go vote for your right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I love the rhinestones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look it's gorgeous!!


    ibeauty85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so beautiful! I voted for you on makeupbee :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Sonja. This is beautiful!! If this is you in a rut, I don't even want to know what you'd be like on a hot streak. I was also thinking of doing a rhinestone look but now I'm kind of intimidated because this one is so lovely I feel like I couldn't compete, lol. I'm going to go vote for this right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way this looks, but I think wearing rinestones on my eyes would drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so freaking perfect! I've only just started posting looks on there so I dont think i could up with something as pretty as this but goodluck with the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much!! I was happy with the way this turned out!

    @Meredith: haha maybe I unrutted for this because I did feel like this was a successful look haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the gems and the turquoise looks gorgeous. i did a look like this on my cousin a while ago and i think im going to wear something similar when i go out around christmas time, no excuse not to sparkle at christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely marvelous, as always Sonja!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love it! The color and the rhinestones! perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  12. In a rut my butt!! This is an awesome look!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really did great. Good job! Using Machine cut rhinestones
    is awesome. I like the color combination and the spark in your eyes. Hope to see you again in that stunning look soon.

    ReplyDelete