Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I got Naked! (No, not the new one, the old one haha)

I had a $15 gift certificate from Sephora to spend (on a $50 purchase) and it was expiring yesterday so I went there with my hubby with every intention of getting the Tarte True Blood palette because it has a decent amount of neutral colors (something I desperately need more of if I intend on doing bridal makeup ever) and it was on sale for $36.  So I was all excited because I read the reviews on Sephora, I had seen Marlena's review on Makeup Geek, and it looked really good.  It was not.  The shadows were chalky and swatched super unevenly.  I don't know if I've just been spoiled by my Inglot shadows but those Tarte shadows weren't going to cut it for me.

So I had to figure something else out.  They had the original Naked palette in stock there, I swatched it and it was nicer than I had expected it to be.  I mean, I think neutrals are pretty but I'm not usually drawn to them.  So I decided to get that.  Unfortunately it was only $48, not $50 so I had to get something else too.  Darn haha.  Walking around, I was trying to decide when I went to the Sephora brand makeup.  And I saw this palette with baked shadows in it, I swatched them and was super surprised at how much I liked it.  So I got that too.  Now I have some neutrals!  Yay!

Here's the Naked palette you all have seen 15 million times
ohhh... purdy!

And this is the Sephora palette, I swatched these shadows over TFSI, both dry and wet





The shadows are all quite shimmery (except Deep Brown, which is only kinda shimmery) but I think they're really pretty.  And I think this will be an amazing booster palette to the Naked palette.  This palette was $28.

And today I did a look using the Naked palette, obviously haha:


I used:
TFSI
Toasted on lid
Creep in outer v
blended up with Sin
Virgin is my highlight color
L'oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense
Maybelline the falsies Volum' Express mascara

Face:
Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combination Skin "Buff"
Neutrogena Healthy Skin 03"Buff"
Maybelline Super Stay concealer
Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser "Fair"
Covergirl Professional Loose Powder "Translucent Fair"
NYX "Peach" blush
ELF blush/bronzer duo

Lips:
MAC "Creme Cup" lipstick
NYX "Thalia" lipstick

I think this look is pretty.  It's subtle, but it is pretty.  I think with the addition of some nice, natural false lashes, this would be a great bridal look (for a natural bride, of course).

I know I'm like the last person on the planet to get this Naked palette but I was excited and figured I'd show you guys!!  Thanks so much for checking this out!!!

14 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty! I love love my naked palette! Sad you didn't have a good expierence with the tarte for true blood...that is one of my favorites! I really like that sephora palette too...looks so pretty especially peach and plum =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super jealous do the naked palette! Oh, and I forgot all about my $15 sephora gift card, damn! Love the natural look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't swatched the tarte true blood but i LOVEEE naked!! at first i thought u were going to say u were disappointed with naked and i was a little relieved to find it wasn't naked that disappointed ^^" i totally need to get creme cup now xD and that's funny cuz i was at sephora using my giftcard which came out to $48 and the girl was like u need to get something else but she recommended this pacifica body lotion which i got instead and it's quite nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both palettes look amazing!
    I have both the naked1 & naked2 and love them both. Best neutrals ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it weird that I'm totally excited to see what you will do with the Naked palette? It's literally my most favorite palette I own, but sometimes I get stuck on what to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Malaysia,with loveDecember 15, 2011 at 7:47 AM

    Hi there! I really love your blog,and spent almost 2 days reading it backwards till your very first post!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not last ... I still don't own it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Naked Palette is probably one of the best makeup purchases I have ever made. I use that thing DAILY! I also like that Sephora Palette as well. LOVE shadows that can be worn both wet and dry.

    I also adore the look you created. You were bright bold colors so amazingly well, but seeing you in something much softer is nice as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning as always! And could you please go to my blog and let me know what you think. I'm just starting out and not nearly as good as you, but I would LOVE some feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice palettes! You look Gorgeous!!

    ibeauty85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty, subtle look! I love the Naked palette. That Sephora palette looks like it's a bit of a winner too. Can't wait to see you wear those baked shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, you guys are sweet!

    @Angie: haha I'll see what I come up with!

    @from Malaysia, with love: Oh wow! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoy it!

    @Meredith Jessica: well that does make me feel a little better haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got the Naked palette with my $15 off too haha!! Glad to know I wasn't the only one getting it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with you about the Tarte Trueblood colors... I was super excited about it since I love the show and had been wanting to try Tarte that was until I swatched the colors... That Sephora palette was really pretty! The look is very pretty, not the Sonja I'm used to but very pretty!!! I guess it would be like seeing me in bright eye colors - which i want to try more of...

    ReplyDelete