Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's a rainbow eyes kinda day

I'm not really sure why but I wanted to do something fun today.  So I went for rainbow eyes.  When my husband saw me, he was like, "are you feeling artistic today?" haha.  I told him I felt like a bird of paradise, thinking he knew what that was.  Then we were talking and he said something about going to the store and I said, "If you lose me, you can just ask if anyone has seen the girl with the rainbow on her eyelids" and he said, "yeah, or the girl who looks like one of the birds from paradise."  Haha turns out he had no idea a bird of paradise was a flower, he thought I literally meant a bird you'd see in paradise.  So that made me laugh.

So here's my rainbow/bird of paradise look.

Sometimes my camera does this cool contrast thing by accident where it makes my skin look super light and the background really dark, but I like how it shows my eyeshadow.



I used a lot of colors for this look haha.  I used NYX JEP in "Milk" as a base.  Then I used Inglot colors: AMC 60 (yellow), 366 M (red orange), 407 P (golden orange), 384 M (green), 372 M (robin's egg blue), 371 M (bright blue), 351 M (light skin toned color).  Then I used Ben Nye pigments in Cherry Red and Sun Yellow, NYX ultra pearl mania in "lime," and then I also used a bunch of colors from my 88 palette (which I can't remember because I just dabbed in whatever color I thought I needed haha).

I think this is a fun look, it definitely gets people's attention.  I saw people looking at me (which I'm not a huge fan of haha, I always get all self concious when I see someone look at me for more than a second).  I didn't realize we were going anywhere when I started doing this.

I'll throw in a picture of a bird of paradise flower just in case you don't know what they look like
I think they're really cool flowers.  

That's my look for today!  Hooray for two posts in two days!

20 comments:

  1. wow you have some real talent i love your your ideas... great job =) Ela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I love the way you blended the orange and red together! It looks amazing.

    I love Birds of Paradise too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love our inner eyeliner, it looks great. love colorful looks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! This look is absolutly stunning Sonja!! And I thought you were talking about an actual bird too at first! Lol AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you did a great job!! This seriously looks awesome you did such a good job at blending all the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so gorgeous. And that little touch at the inner corner takes the over all look to a whole other level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous look! :) very original... and artistic!

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that's amazing! You do so well at blending bright colours and keeping them bright! I'm such a fail at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks is so fun! Love it and it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Amazing. I just love to use all kinds of colours together and mix and match them. And you've done a fantastic job with this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY SHIT?!??!?!?!! THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING! Seriously, I have no words. You need to be in a magazine or something. It's perfect.

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG you did a PHENOMENAL JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunningly gorgeous look!!
    Loving the new blog design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it! It makes me want to do more out of the box types of looks haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no words to describe how much I adore this look, Sonja! I am speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are able to work with a rainbow and i can barely use two colors....LOL
    I have watched so many videos and everything on makeupgeek.com and my skills dont get past the "beginners" stage- H E L PPPPPPPPP :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing the looks you can pull off!!! Even though this has every color, you make it look wearable. Just AWESOME! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete