Followers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Ease yourself into color

I know a lot of people like the look of colored eyeshadow, they just feel like they can't pull it off.  Well I'm here to tell you that you're wrong.  Everyone can wear color on your eyes, you just need to ease into it and feel comfortable with the color you're wearing.  I think purple is a really good starter color because it can read as a shade of brown sometimes.  So here's a look I did as an example of a way to wear color that's not overwhelmingly colorful.



I used Inglot shadows:
407 P on lid (I stinkin love this color!)

AMC 72 to define outer v area
392 M to blend up

And of course my highlight is 393 p (I almost always use this or 395 p because they're VERY similar)

The liner I used on my lid is Revlon Colorstay Black liquid liner.  On my waterline, it's Bobbi Brown's "Black Ink" gel liner.  I have on L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara.  And on my lips, I have MAC "Creme Cup" lipstick under Buxom lipgloss is "Debbie."

I think this is a super easy way to wear color without being over the top!  I hope this is helpful to someone out there who wants to try color but isn't sure how!  Thank you guys so much!

11 comments:

  1. YOU ARE BEATIFUL!
    What foundation do you wear? if you dont mind me asking. I have tried pretty much everything at Nordstrom and does not look good on me.
    have you concider making live youtube videos? i would love to see exactly how you do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I deffinitely need 407P! I actually think this is bold, lol. Oh and I LOVE your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make pulling off color look so easy but even something like this i dun think i would try xD but it looks great as always :) and are you filling in your brows differently? i feel like it makes ur hair look even more vibrantly brown. i like~

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty, and a perfect way to wear colour without being over the top!your skin looks flawless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great look. :)

    I wish you would do a post of your make up desk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get your color combo inspirations ??? i always love them !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, and I agree purple is a great way to start with color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your looks regardless of whether or not they are "casual" or "dramatic"... you have a true gift for makeup!

    I agree that anyone can pull off color, especially when eased into it. AND purples look great on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so talented! I love your blog...it gives me so much inspiration LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous: Thank you so much! I use Revlon Colorstay (Combo/Oily) and sometimes I mix in a little bit of L'oreal True Match to thin it out a little. I have thought about it but I'm scared for people to see my without any makeup at all!

    @Angie: it is a beautiful color! Really? Haha I actually did this look and thought of you! But it's tame to me haha. Thanks! My friend got the necklace for me for my birthday from "The Starfish Project" which all the money they make from the jewelry they sell goes to help women who have been victims of sex trafficking.

    @Isabella: I've been using the same shadow color but I've been using it wet. I'm surprised you noticed! Thanks!

    @Ashii: thank you so much!

    @CindiMindy: Thank you! I actually don't have a makeup desk haha, I just keep everything in a makeup case in my bathroom. I do have a post from a while ago showing that.

    @Story of a girl: Aw, thanks! I just think of colors I love seeing together and go from there haha.

    @Amber: thanks!

    @Lindsey0901: Thank you so much! That means a lot to me! I feel like since my looks have toned down a little, that people don't like them as much. So thank you for saying that! I do love purple on everyone!

    @prettyinpink: aw, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great post. So many women, myself included are afraid of color everyday. I always enjoy seeing the looks you come up with.

    ReplyDelete