Followers

Monday, October 17, 2011

My Makeup Favorites!!

I know a lot of times bloggers and You Tubers will make lists of their favorite things for a certain month or whatever but I thought, since I've never done one before and don't intend on doing one every month, that I'd make a list of my favorite makeup items!

Face Primer:  I really don't have a favorite for this one.  I use Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel (which is not made to be a face primer but it's basically the same thing as Smashbox Photo Finish primer, they both have that silicone feeling) because it's inexpensive for the amount of product you get and it does a good job of making my skin look smoother.

Foundation:  Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin (I use a mixture of the colors Buff and Sand Beige).  A long time ago, before I really got into doing my makeup, I had bought Revlon Colorstay and I HATED it.  It applied so heavily and looked so cakey that I could not understand why people liked it so I gave mine to a friend.  But after seeing even more people rave about it, I decided to buy it again.  Now I apply it by smoothing it all over my skin in small circles starting at my chin and working up.  Then, in areas where I need more coverage, I dab my 3 middle fingers in the foundation and stipple it over those areas (this works really well around my nose area where my pores are bigger, it seems to help the foundation to not settle there as much).

Concealer:  Well, it would have been Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector but since they discontinued it, I'm going to have to say the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser for my under eye area and Maybelline Super Stay concealer for my redness and blemishes.


Powder: Umm... I don't have a favorite.  I just use the cheap loose powder from Covergirl right now.

Blush:  I guess I'd have to say NYX's "Peach" blush.  I keep buying it and I use it every day so that would have to make it a favorite, right?  I like the price and the amount of product you get.  And I really do like matte blushes because I like being able to control where the shimmer is on my face.

Bronzer:  That would be my ELF bronzer from the blush/bronzer duo.

Cheek Highlighter:  This is kind of a tricky one.  I don't always use products that are labeled as cheek highlighters.  More often than not, I'll just use a light, shimmery eyeshadow like Ingot 393 or 395 P or my MAC Vanilla pigment.

Eye Primer:  Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I love this stuff.  I have no complaints about it.  Not even the price because even though it is $18 or whatever, a tube lasts me over a year so I think it's well worth it.

Eyeshadow:  Now, I was wondering about how to do this one.  So I'm going to break this into sections:

Favorite eyeshadow brand:  
Inglot.  Hands down.  Especially their mattes.

Favorite eyeshadow colors:  
Highlight colors:
Inglot 393 P
Inglot 395 P
Kat Von D "Peanut"
MAC "Vanilla" pigment

Bright colors: 
MUFE 92
Inglot 372 M
Inglot 371 M
Ben Nye "Chartreuse" pigment
Ben Nye "Cosmic Blue" pigment

Dark Colors:
Kat Von D "Redemption"
Kat Von D "Dagger" from the Metal Orchestra palette
Inglot 450 P

Neutrals:
Urban Decay "Twice Baked"
NYX "Black"
Inglot 363 M
Inglot 407 P
Inglot 419 P
I'm going to include this one here too Inglot 361 M

Eyeliner:  At the moment, it's Bobbi Brown Gel liner but I don't think I'm that particular, I like gel/cream liners.  I'm almost out of my Bobbi Brown gel liner so I bought a MAC "blacktrack" fluidline to use once it's gone.  I used L'oreal HIP cream liner before and that was good, but I figured it doesn't make sense to buy that if it costs more than the MAC fluidline does at the Cosmetic's Company Outlet.

Mascara:  L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen "Blackest Black."  

Lipstick:  Ok, I'm not the girl who says, "MAC is the best.  I can only use MAC" blah blah blah but I have to say that I LOVE their lip products.  I have 4 lipsticks from them and I wear those more than I wear any of my other lipsticks.  I just love the way they feel on my lips and their pigmentation.  They do cost $14.50, which is kind of a lot for a lipstick, but I love them so much that I'm willing to pay that.  My favorite lipstick that I have from them is "Myth."  I use it under just about everything to dull down my natural lip color.

Lipgloss:  Here I go again!  I love my MAC cremesheen lipglosses.  Yup.  I do.  More than any other glosses I've owned.  I was all about my NYX Megashine glosses until I got a cremesheen gloss.  I'd only had "Right Image" but I just bought "Boy Bait" the other day so I have something a little less pink to use as well.  I love them.  If you haven't tried them, you should.  I just checked the MAC website and they're $18.50 there.  Wow.  I paid $13 for mine at the Cosmetic's Company Outlet (so if you have one nearby, definitely go check it out!!).

And I think that is about it!  If there's anything I forgot, feel free to ask.  And if you read through all of this, you're a champ haha!  Thanks guys!

6 comments:

  1. nice picks! i've been through 2 or 3 bottles of revlon colorstay myself

    i love my nyx megashine glosses too, i've never tried a mac lipgloss so i'll have to check out the cremesheen glosses sometime :)

    www.agentrouge.org

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! its interesting to see your fave products, I really like the peach blush as well & I have had my TFSI for over 2 years & just recently bought a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share a lot of these faves - you've got good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenny: yeah, the cremesheens are VERY different than their regular lipglasses. I bought one lipglass and it was so sticky I couldn't even handle it, definitely not my thing haha.

    @Ashii: I'm glad you like those things too! Yeah, I definitely think the TFSI is something worth investing in. I can't believe it lasted you 2 years!

    @Meredith Jessica: as do you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the elf duo and the TFSI! I still haven't tried inglot but really want too! Especially after hearing so many good things. I just bought some Revlon colorstay last night. I sooo hope I like it =)

    ReplyDelete