Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I've packed my "angry eyes"

Haha, if you've seen Toy Story 2 as many times as I have, you know that line!  I didn't know what to call this so that's the best I could do!  I really haven't been wearing much makeup, as I usually just throw a little bit on before I walk my daughter out to her bus stop and that's it for the day.  And also, I don't know if skin changes every 13 years or something, but my skin has literally been showing me how much it hates my guts.  Yeah, it's been awesome.  I say every 13 years because the weekend of my 13th birthday was when I discovered that my skin likes to do its own thing.  And it showed me that same thing this past week.  So I've been giving my skin a bit of a break.

Today I haven't really been in the best of moods (at least I can admit it!) and I haven't been wearing any fun makeup so I really wanted to do something a little darker and more dramatic.  All I knew is I wanted black, not a sexy, smokey black, but an angry black.  So here's what I did
I've got my angry face on haha and this is super heavily edited.  I played around a lot with the black and white threshold.





I was going to wear false lashes but I couldn't find my lash glue.  I swear I have to get a new one every time I want to wear false lashes because somehow I always lose it.  Oh well!  

I wasn't really meaning for this to be a cut crease but that's just how it worked out.  I didn't so much have a plan, I just kinda went with it.  I used tape to make my line on the outer corner harsh.  Then I put down a layer of NYX jumbo eye pencil in "black bean" and I used Inglot 350 P on my lid (a rusty, purpley color).
Then I used NYX "Black" shadow, obviously, for the black.  And the colors above the black are all colors from the 88 palette.  The color on the inner corner of my eyes is Inglot 393 P.  I used Bobbi Brown gel liner in "Black Ink."  And I used L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara layered on top of L'oreal Extreme Volume Collagen mascara (hey, I had to try to make up for the lack of false lashes!).  

I watched Meredith Jessica's tutorial yesterday (which you can, and definitely should, check out by clicking RIGHT HERE!) so I have to let her know that the inner corner of the bottom liner was inspired by her!  I love how it makes looks seem more dramatic.

I did a decent amount of contouring on my cheeks using the ELF blush/brozer duo.  And I used Revlon "Nude Attitude" matte lipstick because I wanted the focus to be on my eyes.  

Do you guys ever do looks based on your moods?  I usually do the opposite of how I'm feeling, like normally, on a day like today, I would wear next to no makeup.  But I really wanted to do something since I've been so boring.  Thank you all so much for checking this out!  Sorry it took me so long to post!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Such beautiful colours! I love this bold look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE this look is fierce! Normally people can't pull red off but you do effortlessly. AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am blown away! This is stunning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, I'm following plz check out mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn girl! I don't mean for this to come out wrong but if this is the product of a bad mood, you should try it more often!!!

    In all honesty though, I hope things get better soon and your mood improves. Amazing, amazing look though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so dramatic and fun!! I love how you did the liner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of my favorite looks that you have done! Its so amazing and... Well AMAZING!! lol I love the colors, the shape, the blending, the liner, its all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this look is awesome! And I love how you did the bottom corner of your lid (a la Meredith Jessica). After I watched the tut, I want to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the look. I wear makeup based on my mood.. so if I'm bla... I have no makeup on:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sonja this look is STUNNING!! I love everything about it, the colours, the blending, THE SHAPE!! It's amazing. I wish my bad moods produced such beautiful things!! Seriously though, hope your ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo amazing!!! You did a really great job on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always layer my mascaras lol...I don't think I ever really use just one! This look is freakin ahhhhmazing....I just love the black and white pic! Rawrrrr....you look fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy crap. Yep, all the other comments already said it. It's so fierce. I love how you called it an "angry black" look. You definitely achieved that effect and you did it perfectly. I just love how these smokey dark looks play against your gorgeous blonde hair and blue eyes. LOVE IT!!!

    3girlsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you all so much haha!! I couldn't have asked for better followers!

    @olgiepolgie: thank you!

    @Ronnie: Thank you so much! I know you can pull off red on your eyes better than anyone I've ever seen so I appreciate that!

    @Meme: thank you!!!!

    @JennaRaeXoXo: Thanks! I'll check it out!

    @Meredith Jessica: I swear your comments always make me laugh! I'll try to be in a bad mood more often, but I'm telling my hubby that it's your fault haha!!

    @LisaMarie: thanks girl!

    @Kassie: aw, thank you so much! I appreciate it!!

    @Angie: haha do it! Thank you!

    @Smashinbeauty: yup, me too!

    @UrbanelyDecayed: Thank you! Please, girl, you do not need a bad mood to make beautiful art! You do it all the time!! I'm fine, I was just a bit grumpy but thanks for the concern!

    @FoxyAries: Thank you!

    @Dani: hahaha "Rawrrr" that cracked me up. Thank you!!!

    @3 Girls Blog: thank you so much! I always really appreciate your comments, they're always super specific and I really like that! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's bad ass..u look like a super woman hero! LOVE IT..

    ReplyDelete