See, I told you! I do love pink lips with grey on the eyes though! I can't even remember what eyeshadows I have on, but I know I have a layer of MAC "Pink Friday" lipstick with NYX soft matte lip cream "Addis Ababa" on top.
But I have been having fun with my crazy kiddo, hubby, and puppy lately. It was hot outside so we broke out the sprinkler and Briana had a blast playing it in. I've always wanted to have a professional photographer come and take pictures of our family but that's super expensive so we haven't done that so I had fun trying to make my pictures look professional-ish. So here are a couple of my Briana.
|This cracks me up. I just love it.|
|Aw, little buddies. My daughter told him to lay down just so she could put her head on him.|
|I think this is a cool picture.|
And my dog
|Haha, I was trying to get pictures of his eyes and I got this one but I actually like it|
|He has the coolest eyes.|
And then I decided to be a good North Carolinian wife and make some southern food this weekend. I made some Southern Sweet Tea, BBQ Pork Spare Ribs (which the hubby LOVES!!), baked sweet potato fries (which I love), and some peach cobbler yesterday. I'd never made peach cobbler before but it was so yummy! I have been on a wicked peach kick lately so I thought it was a good time for me to try my hand at peach cobbler. It was along the same lines of an apple crisp. Definitely a keeper!
|Sorry this is a picture of the container of leftovers! I totally forgot to take a picture when it was fresh and warm!|
- 9 (it called for 8 but I knew all 8 wouldn't make it in haha, so I used 9) fresh peaches peeled and sliced. I also learned that to help peel peaches, drop them into boiling water for about a minute, then put them right into cold water and that helps loosen the peel.
- 1/4 C. white sugar
- 1/4 C. brown sugar (I used dark brown)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinammon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
~ 1 C. flour
~ 1/4 C. white sugar
~ 1/4 C. brown sugar
~ 1 tsp. baking powder
~ 1/2 tsp. salt
~ 8 tsp. butter chilled (I used salted butter so I only used 1/4 tsp. of salt)
~ 1/4 C. boiling water
- 3 T. white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinammon
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients from the first ingredient list group (peaches, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch). Pour that into a 9"x13" baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
3. While that is baking, combine the second group of ingredients except the boiling water. Cut the butter into the other ingredients until it resembles coarse meal. Then stir in water until just combined.
4. Remove peaches from oven and drop the topping by spoonfuls over them (it won't be totally covered).
5. Combine 3T. white sugar and 1 tsp. cinammon and sprinkle on top.
6. Put back in oven and bake an additional 20 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown. Serve warm (and preferably a la mode??? I'm just sayin... haha).
But that's what I've been up to. I just wanted to do an update and show you guys some of my pictures that I like. I hope you guys are all doing well and enjoying (if you live here in the United States) your summer! Have a great day everyone!!