Now, how to do it:
1. Prime eyelid, I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have also already chosen to line the inner rims of my eyes, both top and bottom, with a black gel liner, I used "Immortal" from Makeup Geek.
2. For good smokey eyes, you'll want to use a base of some sort to add some extra depth to your shadow, I usually use NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Black Bean". Since I'm doing a blue look, I used a blue gel liner, "Electric" from Makeup Geek. I took this under my eye as well.
3. Top base with your darkest color. I used MAC's "Sea & Sky" mineralized eyeshadow duo, the darker color of the two. I made sure that I took this color high enough that you could still just barely see it when I opened my eyes (I have hooded eyelids).
4. Take a mid-toned blending color and place along the edge of your dark color. I used "Purely Naked" from Makeup Geek.
5. Blend the colors together, trying to create an almost seamless fade from one color to the other. You will probably have to go back and add more blue, then more tan, then more blue, and so forth to get the blending right.
6. To make my highlight color stand out more and clean up the line of my brow, I add NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk" (which I have melted into a little pot and apply with a concealer brush) under my brow.
7. Add highlight color on top of the white base. I chose "Bling" from Makeup Geek.
8. Go back with the tan color and blend that up into your highlight color, again trying to crease a seamless fade.
9. With my eye shape, I need a bit of depth in the outer v area so I added some black ("Corrupt" from Makeup Geek).
10. Blend that well and add some liner. I chose Motives Luxe Precision Eye line in "Jet Black."
11. Add mascara. I used Benefit "They're Real" mascara. This would be way better if I had felt like going the extra mile and adding false lashes!!
12. Now it's time to clean up around your eye. Brush off and fallout and clean up under your eyes. On top of brows use a slightly too-light concealer to help highlight the area.
13. Blend that out and set with a translucent powder.
Add simple face makeup and a nude lip and you're good to go!
Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin "Sand Beige"
Maybelline Fit Me concealer
Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser "Fair"
Ben Nye Translucent Fair setting powder
Benefit "Coralista" blush
Rimmel brow pencil
Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder duo "Taupe"
ELF Studio cream liner "Coffee"
NYX "Natural" lipliner
NYX "Harmonica" lipstick (this color is seriously horrible unless you use a liner and top it with a gloss!!)
Buxom lipgloss "Debbie"
And then I put together this little picture tutorial with the highlights if you want to see it all together!
I hope this was at least kind of helpful!!